Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yes We Can!


it is official:

my suspicions were correct: Barack Obama is the new president. 338-155..wow. George Bush has been in office since I was 12 years old. Finally, I am able to have faith in my government, proud of my nation. I will not have to put a canadian flag on my backpack when I travel around Europe. I have never been happier in my life. I have spent the last hour dancing, laughing, screaming, singing, and hugging. I feel so alive.

As Caroline and I discussed: Moving out of the country is a choice now, not an obligation.

John McCain gave the classiest concession speech I have ever heard. He was gracious, eloquent...he was human in a capacity I wish he would have been during the last several months of this election.

"I wish godspeed ot the man who was my former opoponent and will be my president." Then he asked his countrymen "to not despair of our difficulties but to always believe in the promise of America.
-http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/11/04/mccain-s-concession-speech.aspx

I can still here screaming crowds, battle horns, and bongo music on the other side of campus. Streakers just ran past my window. And now I go to sleep, and I will sleep easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment